The next pages will guide you through some stages of adding an API to an app.
We’ll start assuming you have the polls app from the Django Tutorial, and we’ll add a JSON API to it.
Be sure, however, that you used Python 3 when creating your project, as django-nap no longer supports Python 2.
- Old Mapper Tutorial
- 1. Setup
- 2. Models
- 3. Mappers
- 4. Class-Based Views and URLs
- List of endpoints in words
- Writing the view: list of List
- Adding GET functionality: list of List
- Adding POST functionality: list of List
- Defining the URL: list of List
- Testing with Python Requests: list of List
- Recap: list of List
- Writing the views: object of List
- Adding GET functionality: object of List
- Defining the URL: object of List
- Testing: object of List
- Quick pass through views for Item
- 5. Update Mappers
- 6. Authorisation
- 7. Permissions
- 8. Finished!